One thing that many of you don’t know about me is that I LOVE music!! Going to concerts is one of my favorite hobbies. I’ve seen the Dixie Chicks, Sugarland, and Matt Nathanson numerous times. Besides those, some of my favorite concerts have been Shania Twain, Ben Rector, Alicia Keys, Ed Sheeran, Celine Dion, and we’re going to see Coldplay for the first time this summer. As you can tell…my music choices are very diverse! I can’t even tell you how much money I’ve spent downloading music on iTunes. I love listening to XM Radio and browsing iTunes to discover new songs and musicians to play on repeat.
When I listen to music I really pay attention to the lyrics. I like to make connections to the words and meaning behind them. Here are some of my favorite songs/lyrics and why I connect to them:
- Remind You by Andy Grammar: link to lyrics
I like listening to this song when I’m feeling down. It lifts my spirits and makes me think of those who support me.
- Masterpiece by Andy Grammar: link to lyrics
Favorite lyrics from this song: “One, you get one heartbeat so, take it seriously. This is your masterpiece, don’t forget to dream.”
- Little Miss by Sugarland: link to lyrics
I think this song was written about me! So many of the words ring true to who I am!
- Like the World is Going to End by Ben Rector: link to lyrics
- When We’re Together by Joshua Radin: link to lyrics
Of course it makes me think of my husband and the love we have for each other.
Other favorite songs of mine:
- Tunnel Vision by Justin Timberlake
- Cowboy Take Me Away by Dixie Chicks
- Kiss Me Slowly by Parachute
- Come On Get Higher by Matt Nathanson
- Run (feat. Sugarland) by Matt Nathanson
- Believe by Mumford and Sons
- More Time by NEEDTOBREATHE
- Let It Go by James Bay
- Someone by Kelly Clarkson
- 7 Years by Lucas Graham
- Sooner or Later by Matt Kearney
- Tonight by Sugarland
- Love by Sugarland
- Fix You by Coldplay
“I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.” Albert Einstein