What I’ve learned while training for a half marathon with a child…
- It’s much more difficult than I imagined.
- I would much rather be playing with my boy instead of running on the weekends for an hour or more!
- I still have the same thoughts as I’m running…”Who thinks running 6+ miles is fun?!!”
- Running 3 miles with a jogging stroller feels like 10 miles!
- Going for a run on the weekdays/most tired days is very challenging!
- I know that I will be super proud of myself when it’s all over (I seriously can’t wait for it to be over).
- Jackson is a great partner and encourager!
Living with a newly walking child means…
- I constantly worry about him falling down and getting that first skinned knee.
- I DON’T have to worry about him getting nasty germs on his hands (from crawling) and then sucking his thumb.
- I have a child who is obsessed with walking everywhere!
- I have a child who is obsessed with shoes! Lord help me!
- His pretty, perfect shoes will now get dirty.
- My child thinks he is the coolest kid around!
- He can reach things higher up!
- He’s already starting to run!
- It’s a WHOLE NEW WORLD folks!!!
“As soon as I saw you, I knew adventure was going to happen.” ~Winnie the Pooh